Run Gum is the fastest way to help energize and maximize your performance in sport and life. Run Gum is packed with caffeine, taurine, and b-vitamins, similar to many energy drinks and energy shots, only you don't need to put anything in your stomach. Plus, as a gum, ingredients enters your system faster than drinks, shots or gels. This means Run Gum gives you a quicker boost of energy when you need it the most.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• FAST ENERGY: Unlike most energy products that require digestion, Run Gum Energy Gum uses sublingual absorption to give you boost of energy when you need it the most. Just a few minutes of chewing is all!
• GREAT FOR EVERY DAY LIFE: Easy on-the-go packs fit great in your pocket, bag or desk. The instant energy boost of caffeine is perfect for maximizing your performance during your workout, getting through the afternoon slump, study sessions and those late night drives.
• IN A BOX: Each box contains Run Gum Energy Gum contains 12-packs, each with two-pieces (24 total pieces) of gum. At 100mg of caffeine per pack, get the same amount of kick as your favorite energy product, but pay less.
• NEW PACKAGING: Brand New Waterproof packaging contains 2-pieces of 50mg chewing gum tablet, which means each pack has more caffeine than an 8oz energy drink or brewed coffee.
• MADE IN THE USA: Manufactured, packaged and shipped out of the USA with 50mg of caffeine per piece. Packed with B-Vitamins and Taurine to give you a zero-calorie, sugar free performance maximizing boost.
• Zero-calories, sugar-free, and gluten-free.
HOW TO CHEW
• Chew one(1) piece for moderate energy.
• Chew two(2) pieces for maximum energy.
• Do not exceed eight(8) pieces in one day.
Isomalt, Gum base, Maltitol, Sorbitol, Xylitol, Natural and artificial flavors, Caffeine, Magnesium stearate, Proprietary blend (Taurine, Vitamin B12 as Cyanocobalamin, Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxine HCl), Silicon dioxide, Sucralose, Food starch, Carnauba wax, Titanium dioxide, Confectioner's glaze.
Good for those who:
• Are looking for a quick kick of energy - anytime, anywhere!
• Those who are unable to stomach coffee or other energy-based drinks before a run but are still looking for a caffeine kick.
Run Gum comes in the form of a small, solid disc. When you first start chewing, it gives off a crumbling feel to it. As you continue, the gum adheres together and feels like a typical piece of gum. There are three flavors to choose from - fruit, cinnamon, and mint. My top choice in flavor is fruit with cinnamon coming in a close second. Run Gum recommends chewing 1-2 pieces for 5-10 minutes because caffeine from the gum is absorbed through the sublingual and buccal glads of the mouth, allowing for faster absorption. The flavor dissipates pretty quickly chewing it beyond that.
Before my morning runs I usually drink a cup of coffee to help get me up and going. I was excited to try Run Gum for this exact reason and it didn't disappoint. I was able to chew a pack of the gum while getting ready for my run without having to worry about extra liquids sloshing around in my stomach and digesting. The effects of the caffeine definitely seemed to kick in right away, providing the same awake and alert feeling I get after drinking coffee. But it also comes with the added bonus of not having to wait extended time for it to digest or worry about getting an upset stomach while running. One piece of gum contains 50 mg of caffeine, 20 mg of Taurine, and B-Vitamins. Two pieces come in a packet.
Run Gum's Suggested Use
• Chew one piece for 5-10 minutes to absorb active ingredients. Chew two pieces for full kick.
• For best use - Chew one before and after any activity.
Run Gum Energy Gum is a great alternative to energy-based drinks. It contains the same amount of caffeine as an 8oz cup of coffee with the added bonus of faster absorption and no excess liquids to go along with it. Although it was perfect for me before a morning run, it can also be used for a quick kick of energy for any activity!
Will is one of National Running Center's shoe fitting specialists. He has a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science and ran Cross Country at the collegiate level. Will has an extensive background in running and continues to train.