Inspired by Karl Meltzer, who holds the record for most 100-mile trail race wins, the fastest completion of the (2,190 mile) Appalachian Trail, and epitomizes the "go everywhere, run everything" attitude, this shoe is designed to attack all breeds of technical trail. And with this bold, fully redesigned iteration, Hoka has improved fit, stability, and durability. Built on a new last, the wider midsole creates a more stable platform for the foot and offers a wider toe box with reinforced areas where your feet need them. The outsole features deeper, more aggressive Vibram lugs which hold up to all kinds of rugged terrain, while the more forgiving upper offers improved comfort up top. The SPEEDGOAT 2 means business. This is one fast, tough trail running shoe.
Shoe Category: Trail
Weight: 8.2 ounces
Heel-To-Toe Drop: 4mm
• Midfoot cage construction designed for stability and lockdown/foot capture.
• Open Engineered mesh construction to maximize breathability and support.
• Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning.
• Wider platform designed to provide a more stable base on varied terrain.
• Vibram MegaGrip hi-traction outsole with 5mm lugs.
• Multi-directional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain.