The fit of the GT-2000® 7 running shoe has been improved. Asics did this by using a new last, the footform that gives the upper its shape. This last fits more true to size and has a slightly wider and higher toebox allowing the foot to spread out more naturally at toeoff. Also, the upper of the GT-2000® 7 shoe has been enhanced with a new engineered mesh for a glove-like fit over the top of the foot. This mesh has been engineered to give more support to areas of the upper where the foot needs it and less to others for better breathability. These enhancements combine to make the GT-2000® 7 one comfortable running shoe. Make no mistake--the GT-2000® 7 running shoe has plenty of stability, designed for athletes who love to run. The added stability comes in part from the DYNAMIC DUOMAX® support system, positioned under the heel and middle of the foot to guard against overpronation, or the excessive inward rolling of the foot just after the foot hits the ground. FLYTEFOAM® technology is layered over the DYNAMIC DUOMAX® support system for responsive cushioning, helping you run farther, while supersoft SPEVAFOAM® midsole material, just under the foot, reduces impact to minimize the strain on your body. Reliable grip is vital for any runner, and the GT-2000® 7 shoe has got that covered. The durable AHAR® rubber outsole in the heel and lightweight AHAR® rubber in the forefoot is designed to offer extra traction, keeping you stable on any road surface. This durable compound also protects the shoes against damage that can be caused by long-term wear. Simply put, the GT-2000® 7 shoe takes care of all the details, leaving you to focus on enjoying your run. "
Shoe Category: Stability
Weight: 10.69 ounces
Heel-To-Toe Drop: 10mm
• SPEVAFOAM™ 45 LASTING: Employs 45 degree full length SpevaFoam™ 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
• FLYTEFOAM® LYTE TECHNOLOGY: ASICS lightest weight midsole formulation that provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers.
• REARFOOT AND FOREFOOT GEL® TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
• GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™ TECHNOLOGY: This Trusstic System® Technology integrates Guidance Line® construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
• GUIDANCE LINE® MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
• ORTHOLITE® SOCKLINER: Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
• SPEVAFOAM™ MIDSOLE MATERIAL: Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
• I.G.S® (IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM) TECHNOLOGY: ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
• DYNAMIC DUOMAX™ SUPPORT SYSTEM: This evolution of DuoMax® system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
• AHAR® OUTSOLE: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.